Digital Natives vs Digital Immigrants? What am I, and Why? - Laura Bentley

What is a Digital Natives?

A digital native is refers to a person born or brought up during the age of digital technology and so familiar with computers and the internet from an early age.


What is a Digital Immigrant?

A digital immigrant refers to a person born or brought up before the widespread use of digital technology.


What am I, and Why? 

I am a digital native, as I was brought up while electronics were already around. However, I do not believe myself to have been an 'iPad kid' as I did not have my own device until I was around ten years of age, and my mum did not allow me to spend too much time on a screen as she wanted me to enjoy my childhood and learn how to interact with others as much as possible.

Comments