The Optimistic Pessimist: One Girl's Story about Why She Overthinks Everything


Hi! I'm Mia, an 18 year old hailing from the Stablands AKA Werribee, which at the moment is somehow receiving votes for being one of the best tourism suburbs in Victoria (sure, theres the mansion and the zoo but have you REALLY visited Werribee properly if you haven't encountered Craig the Guitar Man drunkenly singing "Blackbird" by The Beatles whilst simultaneously pissing on the pigeons that live outside the Park Hotel???")


Here's a few basic bits of info to get to know me better:

1: My brain is the BIGGEST self-saboteur ever.

Which, as a result leaves behind this jumbled mess of ADD, crippling anxiety, depression that comes in waves and epilepsy. The ADD and anxiety are my biggest problems; I bring a sort of "I'll do it tomorrow" vibe that future me doesn't really care for and I overthink EVERYTHING (the only exceptions are exams, the only time in which I just can't think) But this obviously has upsides as well; I have prescribed meth (50mg daily, $6.70 a month, that shit is a God send) and I have a great support system that deters me from getting stuck inside my own head.


2: I LOVE MUSIC!!!

My entire life has/will always be centred around music. I've played piano for over a decade and have taken up guitar in the past year or so (I've already angrily chucked it a couple times) and I would love to learn the drums. I have the music taste of a 50 year old dad and my bedroom looks like a record store cause of all the posters and my Vinyl and CD collection.


3: PHOTOS

I don't have another piece of info to share so here are some photos!


Most Functioning Alcoholic Award goes to Me



Sobbing at the 2016 Grand Final (I've only cried once at the footy since then and that was cause West Coast beat us)


                                                                         
Me and My Boyfriend 


Thanks for reading! 








Comments