A Day in My Digital Life - Laura Bentley

 

💻 A Day in My Digital Life📱

Introduction

  • Digital technology is a big part of my life and is something I use most hours of the day, whether it be for university, work, or my own enjoyment. We tend to use every hour of the day that we are awake, from when we wake up to when we go to sleep. Here is a day in my digital life!

My Morning Routine


Waking Up & Checking Social Media

  • Most mornings I wake up to my alarm that I set the night before. I always set at least 3 alarms as it takes that many to get up up in the morning.
  • While I turn off my alarm, I get the notification from the Calendar app reminding me to take my tablets with breakfast.
  • As I lay in bed in the morning, this is when I check my social media, such as Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok. I also check Weatherzone to check the weather which decides what outfit I wear to university that day.
  • While I have breakfast I check apps on my iPad, such as Township and Dragonvale.




On the Way to Uni

  • On the train to uni, I listen to my music on Spotify and check what I have on for the day on Google Calendar.
  • Occasionally I complete some uni work on my laptop while travelling.






During the Uni Day


Uni Work
  • While at uni, I tend to use Google Chrome for majority of my uni work on my laptop
  • On my iPad, I use Teams, Canvas and Goodnotes.
  • When I am a part of a group assignment, I uses Instagram to keep my group members updated with our assignment.

Lunch Time at Uni

  • In my lunch break, I usually watch Netflix on my laptop, as a way to have some time to myself to reset for the next class.
  • I check social media during my break to message back my friends that have messaged me during class.


My Evening Routine


On the Way Home from Uni

  • On the train, I listen to my music on Spotify just like in the morning on the way to uni

Winding Down at the End of the Day

  • I get home around 5:30 each, have dinner, and then go to my room to wind down by either watch Netflix or playing a video game on my playstation with a friend.
  • If I do play a an online game with a friend, I always spend at least an hour watching a show on Netflix as some time to have some time to myself before going to bed.



Preparing for the Next Day

  • Before I go to sleep, I set my alarms for the next day
  • I check my social medias again and then watch TikTok for 10-20 minutes


Conclusion

  • Throughout the day, I use multiple digital applications on a few different devices.
  • On average I spend somewhere between 5-10 hours on technology a day.
  • It is something every one of us relies on whether we know it or not
    My screen time on all my devices combined (iPad, iPhone and MacBook) 

Comments