A Day In My Digital Life

A Day In My Digital Life





Intro 

Technology has become imbedded into my everyday life, there is not a day that goes by where I do not use it. My usage varies from leisure, work, for exercise and meditation, entertainment, and to connect with people in my inner circle, so let me take give you a sneak peek into what my digital life consists of in a day.







Starting The Day

Straight off the bat, the first thing I hear when I wake up is an alarm – from my phone. This then makes me reach out my hand for my iPhone, allowing me to start the day off turning said alarm off and then proceeding to scroll Instagram and X (formerly known as Twitter) like it’s the modern-day newspaper. After I will check my Insta DMs and my text messages and iMessages and respond accordingly. The morning will involve intertwining getting ready, with some music from Spotify, and then using Waze to commute to work so that I can see my ETA and if there is any traffic. 

During The Day. 

Throughout most of the day, my job is very non technological as I run pool deck at an aquatic centre, my main usage of communication is a radio, but since I am a supervisor, I get to have my phone on me so there is the sneaky scroll. 

End of The Day 

After work, all is left is to wind the day down, this will involve going to the gym and much like the morning, streaming service Spotify allows for the best tunes to get a good work out in. I will also utilize my Apple Watch to track my workout, so that it doesn’t go unnoticed in my daily activity, and so it can be shared with friends both on Apple Fitness and Strava. After the work out the music does not stop until bed time where you repeat it all again, because the last action is putting down my phone just to pick it up again next morning. 
 



To Conclude 

Oh, and, I forgot to mention that said Apple Watch I was wearing had been tracking my every move the entire day, counting my steps and calories so there was never truly a moment where I was technology free, and disconnected digitally because my watch has Wi-Fi and Cellular connection, so it works an extra phone. This goes to show that there seems to be no escape or time where the world of technology i not at our fingertips, for better or for worse, or until death do us part.

                                                                                                 
 


Comments