A day in my digital life

 A day in my digital life. 

Introduction

Technology is a part of every day life in modern society and is inescapable. from when your at work or when your at home relaxing its very rare that were not using some form of technology. while advancements in technology have improved humanity's quality of life drastically there have also been some unfortunate negative impacts on society especially those of the younger generations. I myself use technology often and while I can be prone to overusing it fairly often it does make my day to day life much easier.

Early morning

I start every day by picking my phone up and turning off my alarm, I usually abuse the snooze button a little too much and end up being late to most morning classes. once I'm awake I then spend about 5-10 minutes scrolling through TikTok before getting ready. once I'm showered and dressed I head out and catch the tram to uni putting in my earphones and opening up Apple Music, on the way I get a coffee from 711 where I scan the 711 app to get rewards and special deals and then use my phone for apply pay to pay for the coffee.




Morning-early afternoon

Once im at university I usually start my day buy checking my emails on outlook. At university I use Microsoft 365 to complete my work, most commonly I use word, excel, powerpoint and teams. I use canvas often to go through the modules and plans for every class and use this to submit a majority of my assignments. through researching various topics while at university I use google a lot and end up using through a wide variety of different websites for my classes.

Late afternoon


When I get home from uni I like to relax and I often do this through the use of some form of technology. Sometimes I simply go on my phone and scroll through social media apps like TikTok and instagram. I also use my laptop for Netflix, Disney+, YouTube and occasionally kayo. Most commonly after university I will jump on my ps4 for a few hours playing video games. 


Night

After dinner I will sometimes go work doing door dash. for this I use the dasher app to receive my deliveries and once I've accepted I use google maps to get to the store and the customers location. I also use google maps to get home as I quite often end up completely lost from doing deliveries. once I'm home from working I'll often go straight to bed where ill spend dome time scrolling TikTok before going to sleep.

Phone 

I also have a variety of apps on my phone that I don't use as regularly as previously mentioned. I have multiple apps for different fast food stores, mymaccas, hungry jacks and a kfc app where I can get special deals. I have multiple apps for different sports so that I can keep up to date with scores and any other news related to the sport. snapchat messenger gmail and messages are all apps I use to communicate with family and friends.

Conclusion

While I probably overuse technology and there are definitely parts of my life where I could cut back on the amount of time I spend on technology. I also wouldn't be able to go through my day to day life without out and rely on it for almost everything I do. 

p.s I need to really stop using TikTok so much. :(



Comments